- Maritime and Admiralty Law
- Ontario, 2017
- L.L.M. Common Law (University of British Columbia), 2015
- L.L.B. (University of Leicester), 2014
- B.B.A. (Bishop’s University), 2012
Hilary joined Isaacs & Co. as an associate in 2017 after articling at the firm. Hilary practices in the areas of transportation and maritime law with a focus on cargo recovery work. She also handles insurance defence and subrogation matters. She has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario.
Hilary graduated from Bishop’s University with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She went on to study law in the UK, graduating from the University of Leicester. Following her graduation, Hilary obtained an LLM from the University of British Columbia. While studying, Hilary participated in numerous volunteer positions including Pro Bono Students Canada.
Hilary is a member of the Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations, the Toronto Lawyers Association and the Canadian Maritime Law Association.
Hilary enjoys the outdoors, skiing and spending time with family and friends. Hilary volunteers her time with Pro Bono Ontario’s Law Help Center and the Special Olympics.
- Arie Odinocki, George Nathanael and Hilary Weise, “Assessment of Liability and Damages in Personal Injury Cases Arising from Accidents in Overseas Hotels – What Every Hotel Owner Should Know About Their Exposure“, Presented at the International Forum of Travel and Tourism Advocates Worldwide Conference, Tel Aviv, Israel, November 2016.
- Cannabis and Transportation: A Legal Update, panel presentation for the Fleet Safety Council; December 2018.
- Andrei Korottchenko and Hilary Weise, “Third Party Contracts“, Co-presented, Private Motor Truck Council of Canada; Guelph, Ontario; January 2017.