- Maritime and Admiralty
- Insurance Coverage
- Product Liability
- Property Loss
- Insurance Defence
- Ontario, 2009
- J.D. (Queen’s), 2008
- B.Sc, Engineering Physics (Queen’s), 2005
Cameron Grant’s practice focuses on litigation and insurance coverage work. His engineering background assists in handling claims which involve complex technical issues.
Mr. Grant has handled cases involving:
- Insurance coverage disputes related to automobile liability, accident benefits priority, boat accidents, bullying and intentional torts, material change in risk, cargo loss and property damage caused by renovations;
- Environmental remediation arising from petrochemical and nuclear contamination;
- Cargo damage during road, rail, sea and air carriage, as well as during docking and warehousing;
- Commercial property losses relating to the failure of mechanical and structural systems, including fire suppression systems, roof collapse and HVAC issues;
- Product liability claims including plumbing parts, air handlers for HVAC systems, wire rope failure, fuel oil tank failure and spills, BBQ valve failure, water softeners, water heaters, dishwashers and engine failure in both personal watercraft and commercial vessels;
- Property damage arising from home fires, fires at commercial properties, vessel collisions and sinkings, burst pipes, vehicle damage, water heater failure and appliance failure;
- Construction disputes; and
- Bodily injury, including automobile accidents and slip and falls.
In addition to his litigation and coverage practice, Mr. Grant provides advice to clients on compliance with environmental reporting and transportation of dangerous goods. He has also contributed to a paper on law surrounding assisted dying in Canada.
While not practicing law, he spends time with his family, skis and hikes.
- Physician-assisted death and the anesthesiologist, Miriam Mottiar , Cameron Grant, Mark J. McVey, Canadian Journal of Anesthesia/Journal canadien d’anesthésie, March 2016, Volume 63, Issue 3, pp 326-329
- Liability of Masters, Chiefs and Managers, March 15, 2011, Presentation
- Maritime Navigation Casualties and Crown Liability, December 9, 2010, Paper and Presentation