- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defence
- Hotel Liability
- Maritime and Admiralty
- Commercial Litigation
- Property Loss
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Environmental Law
- Employment Law
- Ontario, 2001
- LL.B (Windsor), 1999
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution (Windsor), 1999
- B.A., High Honours (Carleton), 1996
Arie is an experienced practitioner in the areas of insurance defence, insurance coverage, hotel liability and transportation law. He regularly acts for property and casualty insurers, hotel owners and operators and as well as ship owners.
Arie leads our coverage group and provides advice in relation to commercial general liability, homeowners, auto and commercial property policies. He has represented insurers on coverage applications, has drafted hundreds of coverage opinions and is regularly consulted about coverage issues as they arise. He is also regularly retained in defence of personal injury cases, fire losses and in product liability cases. He has represented our insurance clients before the Ontario Courts and in insurance appraisals.
Arie has developed particular expertise in multi-jurisdictional hotel liability cases and has successfully represented clients on jurisdiction motions. He is an active member of the International Forum Travel and Tourism Advocates and regularly lectures on hospitality law.
Arie also provides advice in on-the-scene accident investigations and provides risk assessment and mitigation advice. He has advised our clients in numerous Transportation Safety Board and other regulatory investigations.
Arie lives in Toronto with his wife and two daughters.
- Arie Odinocki and George Nathanael, “Canadianizing Employment Agreements – What Every Employer Venturing North Needs to Know”, The Transportation Lawyer, Vol 19, Number 2, October 2017.
- Arie Odinocki, George Nathanael and Hilary Weise, “Assessment of Liability and Damages in Personal Injury Cases Arising from Accidents in Overseas Hotels – What Every Hotel Owner Should Know About Their Exposure“, Presented at the International Forum of Travel and Tourism Advocates Worldwide Conference, Tel Aviv, Israel, November 2016.
- Arie Odinocki, “Jurisdictional Defences in Personal Injury Actions” presented at the International Forum of Tourism and Travel Advocates Conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina (November 2015) and at the Universidad Iberoamerica, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (February 2016)
- Arie Odinocki and Bonnie Huen, “Slips and Falls on Board: What Can We Do To reduce the Impact?” presented at the 38th Cruise Canada Conference of the Canadian Passenger Vessel Association, November 2014
- Arie Odinocki, “Auto Collisions in No-Fault Jurisdictions” presented at the Canadian Transportation Lawyers Association Conference, Quebec City, September 2013
- Arie Odinocki, “Liability of Marina Operators” presented at the Canadian Marine Lawyers Association Conference, June 2013
- Arie Odinocki and Cameron Grant, “Underwriting Policies vs. Brokerage Practices: the Consequences of Brokerage Practices Deviating from Underwriting Expectations”, Client Seminar April 2013
- Arie Odinocki, Derek Francis and Steve Somer, “Utmost Good Faith – A Practical Guide to Avoiding Bad Faith Claims”, Client Seminar, May 2012
- Marc Isaacs and Arie Odinocki, “A Roadmap to Effectively Addressing Coverage Issues”, Client Seminar, April 2012
- Arie Odinocki, “Determining Qualified Privilege Applicable to On-Board Recordings in Transportation Cases” The Transportation Lawyer, Vol. 13, No. 2 , October 2011
- Marc Isaacs and Arie Odinocki, “The Meaning of “Freight Pre-Paid” in International Shipping Contracts” The Transportation Lawyer, Vol.12, No.3, December 2010.