We are hiring again! If you are passionate about working in a law firm environment, have a keen interest in the area of Transportation Law with particular emphasis on truck transportation and maritime shipping, and enjoy working with high energy people, then this role is for you. We are currently seeking to add an intermediate level law clerk to our team of legal professionals.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with counsel, clients and vendors for the collection, review and production of documents
- Assist in the preparation of pleadings, motion records, etc.
- Preparation of Affidavits of Documents
- Prepare for and attend at examinations, hearings and trials where necessary
- Review and summarize transcripts
- Prepare Bills of Cost
- General file and project management in collaboration with counsel
- Prepare/draft routine correspondence and internal reports
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and meet crucial deadlines
- Professional demeanor and strong client-relation skills
- Ability to work well, and flexibly, in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
- Strong organization skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing deadlines
- Ability to manage a high volume of files
- Adept technical skills using MS Office Word, Outlook, Excel, PcLaw and Worldox
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a litigation law clerk in a law firm setting or similar
This is an opportunity for a career oriented person looking to grow with a busy and growing practice. Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability.
Please reply in confidence to Klaudia Hideg at email@example.com.
While we wish to thank all those who apply, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.