Are you an outgoing and motivated legal professional? Do you want to work on interesting files with colleagues who are just as fun, energetic, and driven as you are? Then look no further! We are seeking a motivated Insurance Defence Legal Assistant to join our team.
Primary Duties Include:
• Prepare and edit correspondence and legal documents (including motion records, pre-trial/mediation memos, pleadings, affidavits of documents, etc.)
• Review documentation and claims from new files
• Organize and request productions and medical documentation from clients
• Assist with authorizations, undertakings, discoveries and productions
• Open and close files
• Trial preparation
• Maintain daily contact with clients
• Other general duties as required
• Minimum 5 years of Insurance Defence experience in a law firm
• Legal assistant diploma plus additional courses an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
• Strong technical skills including PcLaw, Tymetrix and Microsoft Office
This is an opportunity for a career oriented person looking to grow with a busy and growing practice. Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability.
Please reply in confidence to Klaudia Hideg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we wish to thank all those who apply, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.